Module 1: Welcome to MAP!
— Week of June 1 —
Events for Students and Parents
Meet Your Support Team
Wednesday, June 2 at 4:00 PM ET
Meet fellow incoming students as well as your Admission Counselor, Student Ambassadors & Orientation Leaders! This casual event will allow you to get to know some future classmates and all the members of the OU community ready to assist you now and throughout your first year of college.
Small Group Events for Students
Petrels in Atlanta
Student-Only Small Group
Thursday, June 3 at 11:00 AM ET
Excited to be a college student in Atlanta or show your new friends around? This group is for you! OU students and staff will be sharing tips, tricks, and favorite things to do in ATL in this casual meeting. Come chat with us and other incoming students about what you’re looking forward to exploring, or share your favorite spots with students coming from outside the city!
Complete Your Enrollment Checklist
- Access your Petrel Portal to ensure your enrollment checklist is complete!
- Reminder: Submit Your Final Official Materials. This includes high school transcript, dual-enrollment transcript, AP scores, IB diploma, ACT/SAT score report (if submitted with your application).
- If you think you’ve already submitted something that is shown as missing, please contact your admission counselor to follow up.
Connect with your Fellow Classmates!
We will provide opportunities to for you get to know some other students who will be in this fall’s freshman class, but in the meantime you can get to know them online!
- Follow the class Instagram page, @ogleclassof2025 to see the students who have already been featured, and submit your photos to be in the spotlight! Anyone can follow this account but only students who have placed their enrollment deposit can be featured.
- Join the OU BAND group. BAND is a group chat app (like GroupMe, but better). Check your email for details or contact your admission counselor if you can’t find it!
Download Oglethorpe Digital Backgrounds
Download campus images that can be used as backgrounds on your phone or computer, or as virtual backgrounds in Zoom. Some even have a special “Class of 2025” sticker! Find them here.
Learn More About Your Support Team
- Get to know your admission counselor! Every incoming student has an assigned admission counselor who can answer just about any question you have about Oglethorpe and the enrollment process. We are here to help you! Get to know your counselor and reach out at any time!
- What does a student ambassador do? Ambassadors are current OU students who work or volunteer in the office of admission to support incoming students. Meet them here! See someone you’d like to chat with? Email email@example.com to get connected. You can also meet them at some of our summer events.
- Who are Orientation Leaders? OL’s are current students who train all summer long to help with Move-In and Welcome Week in August! They’ll also be around this summer to help welcome you to the OU community.