Welcome to MAP!
Student and Parent/Guest programming may differ at certain points of the day. While student participation is required, parent/guest participation is highly encouraged (not required). Please check back regularly for updates.
Complete Your Enrollment Checklist
- Access your Petrel Portal to ensure your enrollment checklist is complete! This includes completing the Course Preference Form to help us craft an ideal class schedule just for you!
- Submit a photo for your Petrel Pass (student ID) to [email protected]. Click on the Petrel Pass email address and be sure to include the MAP Day date you have registered for, your Colleague ID, Oglethorpe email, and attach a clear headshot, in color (no hats, sunglasses, etc.).
- Submit Your Final, Official Materials. This includes high school transcript, dual-enrollment transcript, AP scores, IB diploma, ACT/SAT score report (if submitted with your application).
- Complete Placement Exams. All students who are required to take a Math Placement or Language Placement Exam have been notified. Placement Exams must be completed no later than one week before your intended MAP Day. If you have not received communication about taking a placement exam, you are not required to take one.
- If you think you’ve already submitted something that is shown as missing, please contact your admission counselor to follow up.
Connect with your Fellow Classmates!
We will provide opportunities to for you get to know some other students who will be in this fall’s freshman class, but in the meantime you can get to know them online!
Follow the class Instagram page, @ogleclassof2026, to see the students who have already been featured, and submit your photos to be in the spotlight! Anyone can follow this account but only students who have placed their enrollment deposit can be featured.
Continue learning about Oglethorpe!
Watch videos on our online video portal. There’s so much to explore and learn about OU! Enjoy watching “The Oglethorpe Experience,” “Athletics at OU,” “Academic Experiences,” and OU Residence Hall Tours.
Keep in Contact with Your Support Team!
- Get to know your admission counselor. Every incoming student has an assigned admission counselor who can answer just about any question you have about Oglethorpe and the enrollment process. We are here to help you! Get to know your counselor and reach out at any time!
- What does a student ambassador do? Ambassadors are current OU students who work or volunteer in the office of admission to support incoming students. Meet them here! See someone you’d like to chat with? Email [email protected] to get connected. You can also meet them at some of our summer events.
- Who are Orientation Leaders(OLs)? OLs are current students who assist with and build rapport during MAP all summer long. These elite students also help with Move-In and Welcome Week in August! They’ll also be around to help welcome you to the OU community!